New Year, New Business Strategy
The New Year is one month away, is your business plan ready? If you haven’t started thinking of how you want to approach a new year then it’s time to start. Assess your business based on the goals you accomplished throughout the year, and strive for more in 2019. The first step to thriving is having a game plan.
Your business plan should contain three components: a mission statement, a vision, and a strategy. In plain terms, you need to know who you want to be, where you want to go, and how you’re going to get there. Establish clear and specific goals.
Some questions to ask yourself during each step in the process of making your business plan:
- Did we achieve what we wanted in 2018?
- Where can we improve?
- What are we lacking as a business?
- What steps can I take to achieve what I want?
- Are my goals realistic?
- Where are we thriving?
- What are we doing well and how can we incorporate it into other aspects of our company that may not be doing as well?
- Who/what can help us reach these goals?
These are only a few of the questions you should be asking yourself when you sit down to write your business plan for the year. To create a clear and specific plan that will be utilized, referenced, and analyzed throughout the year, you need to answer questions that may not be easy to answer. Take the time to create a dream for your business and make it happen.