Questions to Ask Yourself Regularly
When is the last time you checked in on yourself? It’s easy to get lost in the day-to-day of working or running a business, but make it a priority to check in on yourself on a regular basis - daily, if needed. Hold yourself accountable, ask yourself where you can improve, and establish both short and long-term goals to work toward. What’s most important is to be honest with yourself in order to set yourself up for both progress and success - self-reflection is an essential part of continuing to grow.
Whether you’re a business owner, employer, or employee, there are some questions you should challenge yourself with on a monthly basis…
- How much effort do I put in on a daily basis? Am I constantly working at 100% or could I be more motivated?
- What are some of my weaknesses or downfalls? Where can I improve?
- What are some of my strengths?
- What do I hope to accomplish in the short-term? What about the long-term?
- What steps am I taking to make my goals a reality?
As a new business owner…
- Are we offering our customers/clients a service/product they need or desire?
- How we are better than our competition and how are we showing that?
- Are we prepared to adapt at a moment’s notice? If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that you need to act quickly and efficiently.
As an employer…
- Do my employees have the resources they need to do their jobs successfully?
- What is the company atmosphere/environment like?
- How can I continue to keep my employees motivated?
As an employee…
- How am I creating a positive impact on this company/business and our customers/clients?
- When is the last time I have gone above and beyond?
- Am I an active team member or do I keep to myself? And, is this impacting my ability to my job?